R. W. Brother Alan D. Jarvis
Right Worshipful Brother Alan D. Jarvis was born in Cook’s Cove, Nova Scotia (population 42, if everybody was home). He attended Guysborough High School and Point Edward Vocational School in Cape Breton. Alan began his commercial travelling career, in 1971, with Nova Welding Supplies of New Minas, N.S. This career would last, with various employers, for the next 44 years. The last 18 years of his sales career was spent at Atlantic Air Cooled Engines in Moncton, N.B. where he was the Territory Manager for Nova Scotia, Southern New Brunswick and Newfoundland. Alan has been married to Lady Gail (MacIntyre) for 45 years and they have two children: Jason (Mary) and grandson, Conal in Fort Frances, Ontario and Stephanie (Colin Young) in Fall River, N.S.
– Raised in Kentville Lodge # 58 in April of 1982.
– Was Worshipful Master in 1990 and again in 2006.
– District Director of Ceremonies for Kings District – 2011/2012
– District Deputy Grand Master for Kings District – 2012/2013
– Elected to the Masonic Foundation of Nova Scotia in 2016
– Presently serving as President of the Kentville Masonic Association since 2015
Philae Shrine (A.A.O.N.M.S.)
– Joined Philae Shriners in 2001.
– Was Ceremonial Potentate from 2005-2016.
– Served 3 terms on the Philae Temple Executive.
– Was President of the Eastern Valley Shrine Club in 2012.
Royal Arch Masons
– Became a Companion of Cornwallis Chapter # 26 in 2004.
– Was Most Excellent High Priest in 2009 and again in 2013. – Elected as Grand Scribe in 2015/16
– Grand King in 2016/17
– Most Excellent Grand High Priest in 2017/2018
– Joined Adoniram Council Royal and Select Masters in 2012.
– Became a Royal Arch Mariner in 2012 with M.J.A. Wagner Lodge.
– A member of the Nova Scotia Conclave No. 6 OSM in 2017.